At Bearbrook Combined School and Pre-School we want to support the development of children as individuals. Our aim is to prepare the children for the next stage of their journey whether that is transitioning between rooms in our Pre-School, getting ready to start Foundation Stage or preparing to enter Key Stage One.
- Creating a vibrant, exciting school and Pre-school where children enjoy their education and progress in a stimulating environment. Enabling them to reach their full potential.
- Developing the whole child through a holistic approach and their creativity and diversity.
- Supporting children to grow into confident, happy, independent life-long learners who can function as successful members of the community.
- Having high expectations of behaviour and attitudes to learning so that they are ready to learn, respectful at all times and as a result feel safe.
- To ensure the school values run through the heart of all we do at Bearbrook, we aim to ‘nurture, inspire, achieve.’
- To teach directed daily phonics lessons and provide extra support where necessary.
- To work in partnership with parents and carers.
- To prepare the children for each developmental milestone ultimately working towards achieving the Early Learning Goals.
- To provide children with a balance of adult directed opportunities and uninterrupted child-initiated play to help build the best outcomes for all pupils.
- The children, parents and carers will have strong relationships with all staff/practitioners.